Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Back From the (Blogging) Dead

Molweni!

My apologies for dropping off the face of the blogging earth. I've been swamped with work and trying to fit in those last lunches, dinners, game nights and dances with friends before they all depart on marvelous adventures for November. Our time here in Stellenbosch as a group has drawn to a close, and now it's sadly time to say goodbye. I, however, will be remaining here to await the arrival of Mom!! I really can't say how excited I am to spend 10 days of my last three weeks with her here. We'll keep you updated as to our adventures when the day arrives. :-)

Otherwise, I really have very little to say. As some of you have heard me rave about, it's finally consistently warm outside, and feels like more of a summer than the one I had in Washington before I left, minus work at the club and plus a lot of reading and paper-writing. I've written approximately 10,347 words in academic papers in the last week and a half, and I still have one more 3,000 word essay to go! This, of course, is in addition to my isiXhosa final presentation/exam last week, both of which went well. But it's all so close to being done--just a few more days.

We Americans have all been enjoying a ridiculously high exchange rate for the last few weeks--I think it finally began to drop from 11.3 yesterday and is sitting at around 10. For the first several months it remained fairly steady at 7.3ish--hopefully it sticks around closer to 10. :-)

I need to get back to my last paper: a comparison between two of Bessie Head's novella's "Maru" and "The Cardinals". Whoopee!

Hoping all is well at home! As much as I love sunshine, I miss the briskness of fall days, and the colorful leaves. Everyone's pictures on facebook make me a tad jealous. So enjoy it!
Happy Halloween!!

No comments: